With everyone I know either looking for a full time, part time, or free lance work opportunity, I figured I would add a classified Job listing to my publication. I also wanted to add a couple things to note when deciding to look for a new job or opportunity.
Take some time out to ask yourself questions about past employment or career choices you have made in the past.
- Did the job make you feel good at the end of the day?
- Am I working just for paycheck?
- Do I contribute or come up with creative ideas?
- Am I challenging myself daily with my career?
These are just a couple of questions to get the ball rolling. Here is another list that will prepare you for the current job market.
- Is your resume currently updated using today’s design methods?
- Do you know how to craft a cover letter to reach your target employer’s attention?
- Keep a list of all the jobs that you sent your resume and cover letter to, and remember to follow up with their human resources or contact person after one week since you sent the package out.
- Take online tests to prepare yourself for a new job. They can help you design your resume, cover letter and prepare you for interviews.
- Make sure you have interview appropriate clothes when applying for new jobs.
- Keep a positive attitude!
In today’s market it is best to stay competitive and well informed so that you can remain in demand. Review today’s jobs posted, and good luck and stay informed.